Latest Posts

Makeup Revolution: Beyond Flawless

By 23:40 , , , , , , , , , , ,





So recently, there's been quite a hype about Makeup Revolution, and here's why: the company is brilliant. Finally an affordable brand that dupes high end makeup, without losing a tonne of quality. When I first heard about Makeup Revolution, I wasn't sure, but as they gained popularity I began to get more and more curious, so I decided to buy one of their 32 eyeshadow palettes for £8. Yes, you read that right, only £8.

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect as there were no testers available, but when I opened the palette, I was pleasantly surprised. The colours are laid out from dark to light, and there is a wide range of shades. On top of the colours is a plastic film pointing out the colour of each shade (although photographing this proved more difficult than it should have been so I labelled the photo instead).


The pigmentation of the shades is a lot better than I expected, although it is difficult to see the lighter shades such as "Flawless" and "Dove", and "Blackest" isn't really the darkest of shades and needs some building. But for £8, the quality overall isn't too shabby.

My favourite shades have to be "Pug", and has nothing to do with the fact that I love pugs... And I also like "Bistre", and I think it is quite similar to "Hustle" from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and I like to mix the two shades together.

Overall, I am very impressed with this palette, and I have recently purchased the Sugar and Spice blush palette. I would like to try the matte eyeshadow palette next I think as I do tend to wear more matte than shimmer, although these shades make a nice change to what I usually wear.





Layla x

You Might Also Like

1 comments