Latest Posts

Cute Room Ideas!

By 12:24 , , , , , , , , ,

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while, I've been so busy with my college work that I just haven't had the time, but hopefully I can now start posting more because the main chunk of my coursework has been done.
These are just some things that I have in my room that I think are cute, I've been collecting things over a couple of years, and although I don't have everything I want yet, I'm still pleased with what I have so far.

Around my bed, I have some fairy lights that have balls covered in cotton on them. These are great as I have a huge phobia of the dark, so I can leave them on over night. I think they look really pretty wrapped around my day bed, and sometimes I don't even need my actual light on as these are enough.
I bought mine from Ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aladin-20-White-Off-White-Cotton-Balls-String-Lights-Fairy-Home-Patio-Deco-UK-/171177318450?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Night_Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item27daf69832
Round the end of my bed, I have some prayer flags that I bought from Hay-On-Wye on the border of Wales. I bought them because I think they look pretty, but also because I am fascinated by the Buddhist religion.
I can't find a website I bought them from, but here's an Ebay link, and these ones cost roughly the same as mine:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tibetan-Buddhist-Buddhism-Medium-Cotton-Prayer-Flag-Wind-Horse-Nepal-/190926390915?pt=UK_Collectables_ReligionSpirituality_EH&hash=item2c74198683
On the wall opposite my bed, I have my memory board. It's a great alternative to a scrapbook as it doubles up as a decoration. I have everything from photos to wristbands to just little bits that I've collected from being out and about.
To get started, all you need is a notice board and some pins:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Office-Noticeboard-Frame-W900xH600mm/dp/B000I2DS6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393675344&sr=8-1&keywords=pin+board
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essentials-Metallic-Push-Pins-Pack/dp/B003VVXMAU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393675384&sr=8-1&keywords=metallic+pins
Because my room is wallpapered, I can't really put anything on my walls. But down the one door of my wardrobe, I've put different pictures and quotes that I have saved from my Tumblr. I still need to finish this door off, and then I will start on the other door. I think it's a great alternative if you can't put posters or things on your wall.
My Tumblr:
laylaaurora.tumblr.com


I don't have a regular light shade, I have a paper star shade that i got from the German Market in Birmingham. It's simple: you unfold the star, pull the string, and hey presto, you've got yourself a light shade. The only issue that I have with it is some bulbs can be too dark, so you need quite a high wattage bulb.
To buy one from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Premier-Housewares-Curves-Turquoise-Purple/dp/B00577DBB6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393676001&sr=8-2&keywords=paper+star+light+shade
I apologise for the selfie
My mirror is essentially like my memory board, with little bits I have collected. I have cinema tickets down the one side, a row of Euro coins, even a guardian angel necklace from my Mum. I'm a sucker for memories, so I like to have them displayed as much as I can
These are like the mirrors I have, but I only have two:
  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wavy-Mirror-120-30cm-Set/dp/B00CRDWFMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393676345&sr=8-1&keywords=wavy+mirror

The last part of my room is an old bar stool from the shed that my Grandad chopped the legs off and painted purple to make a bedside table. On it, I keep a candle, a lighter for the candle, some pens, hair grips and my watch.

You Might Also Like

1 comments