Latest Posts

My Hair In The Past 4 Years

By 19:28 , , , , , , , , ,

The other day, I was thinking about how many times I have dyed my hair, and I worked out that I've had a lot. When I was a baby, I had jet black hair

But as I got older, I had light brown hair with natural highlights, which I know people pay a lot for in the salon, and sometimes I do regret dying it, but I am one for bright hair



In 2010, the first colour I tried was red, but all I can find is photos of it when it had faded, which is lucky for me as I was little embarrassing on photos when I was younger


But as it started to fade in 2011, I got bored (the main reason that I dye my hair is because I get bored of a colour). I ended up with a golden-yellow blonde, due to the faded colour underneath

After this, in the September of 2011, I decided that I wanted to go black. I bought a dye that was supposed to put a blue tint in my hair. However, I didn't think that the blue might come out stronger, considering I had such a light colour before (This is the best photo I have)
Unfortunately, the blue started to fade, and, to be honest, my hair was a mess. But I didn't want to ruin my hair by lightening it again, so i let the blue fade as much as I could through the first few months of 2012
But obviously for my prom in May 2012, I wanted my hair to be as nice as possible, so I then dyed my hair brown
But, of course, I got bored again, so I first dyed my hair a darker red, and then a brighter red and dip dyed it black

 As the two colours faded, and the dip dye grew out, I had a very weird red colour with dark ends going on


And, once again, I got bored. At the start of summer in 2012, I decided that I wasn't going to do things half way, so I dyed my hair bright red, and kept it that way for just over a year. At one stage I also dip dyed it purple, but that didn't last long




But constantly dying my hair red was doing it no good, so i tried to go brown as I figured that it wouldn't need much up keep, but it went a strange browny-red

Then, in summer 2013 I had a slight accident. I bought a "chocolate brown" hair dye. But when it was developing on my head, I noticed it was going similar to how my mum's hair goes. When I dyed it black. But by that point, it was too late to go back, so I let it develop for the time, and I ended up with black hair. I tried putting a few dreads in it at one stage, but they failed a bit so I took them out



After a while, I then dip dyed the black, and it went a strange colour, that wasn't ginger, but I can't describe it any other way

If anyone knows me, they know I am emotionally attached to having red hair, so guess what colour I went next?

This year, I then decided that I wanted to go pink. I ended up ginger

So, in my wisdom, I decided to lighten it again. But, as you'll see in the next photo, my hair went like straw and started snapping off, and as someone who loves her hair, I'll admit I cried
So I went to the hairdresser in a panic, and got it cut short, and I've been conditioning it loads and now my hair is okay to put a semi-permanent dye on, which I'm doing in a couple of weeks

And who knows what colour my hair will be in another 4 years, that is if I have any left...

You Might Also Like

0 comments