Latest Posts

Photography Project Review - Stacey Wyatt

By 15:56 , , , , ,

When my friend, Stacey, came up to me and asked me to model for her in a graveyard for her photography project on emotions, my first thought was "What am I getting myself into?"
But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, especially seeing as I prefer being behind the camera, not in front of it. Although I we got some strange looks, mainly because Kirsty and I were wearing brightly coloured wigs, and the three of us had ridiculously dark make up on, it was quite fun. It was hard to stay serious, however, and lying on people's graves spooked me out a bit, but I've accepted that I'm probably going to hell for doing it.







Changing my clothes was hard as I had to get changed in her car, but it was useful that Stacey was organised and had transport rather than us having to walk around trying to find places to shoot. We shot in two places, the local crematory and a church graveyard near by. It was harder to take pictures in the crematory as there was a lot of people around and cars driving past, which ruined the background of the photos. However, the graveyard was near a main road, so in some photos, the road and houses were in the background. It was just about angling the photos to make sure the background looked right for the theme, which is the difference in these two photos:



The theme of emotion was also put across by the lighting used. Although it was a nice day, we were lucky that it wasn't too sunny, so the photos didn't appear too bright. Photoshopping the images also showed how lighting can affect the mood, as a black and white photo of Chloe fit the setting, whereas a photo of Kirsty that had been brightened made her look out of place and didn't portray the right message.



The next stage of the project was how people can fake emotion, and how society can view people in certain ways. To show this, we drew faces on our hands, put pieces of paper of our mouths, but used our eyes to show actual emotion, and drew how people perceive different skirt lengths.




Despite being nervous at first, I had so much fun doing this, and the photos turned out really well. I just want to say good luck to Stacey, and I hope she does well in her photography this year!



 Hope you enjoyed reading!

Layla x



You Might Also Like

0 comments