Latest Posts

Colour Pop Haul

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , ,

Hello!!

Today I have something very exciting to share with you, a Colour Pop haul!

First of all, I'm going to explain how I got the items in the first place, because as you may or may not know, Colour Pop do not ship to the UK. I used a company called GoSend (http://gosend.com/) I got a 30 day free trial, and much to my surprise, the renewal for the basic package was free, so I can order whenever I like! How it works, is that they give you your own postal address in America, like a locker. Then you ship whatever it is you want to this locker, and then GoSend will ship it to you. I did have to pay customs, however it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Some of the items I got were from Depop sellers, I'll point out which ones I got shipped to me, and the Depop ones as I go along.










Natural Light


Phone Torch

First off, I got the highlighter in the shade Stole The Show. I ordered this because Jeffree Star mentioned it in his favourite highlighters video and said that it's really good for pale skin, and hey, it hasn't disappointed. The texture of this is very mousy, and it blends in well to the skin, and is very buildable.




Natural Light


Phone Torch

Next is the Supershock Shadow in Fantasy. I got this shade off Depop. I got this as I thought it was quite an unusual purple, and I tend to go for darker toned purples so I'm stepping out of my comfort zone here!





Natural Light


Phone Torch

Next up is the shade Coconut. I have a few blue eyeshadows, but nothing this potent. The colour is very buildable, so you can have a softer look or a full on pow of blue.




Natural Light


Phone Torch


Next up is Sugar, another shade I got from Depop. Even my Nan loves this colour, but when I went on the website to order her one they'd sold out! I hope it comes back soon. This is such a beautiful ice blue, almost greeny silver, I don't think I've ever seen a shade like it. I think this would be great as an all over lid colour, or as a highlight for the inner corner.





Natural Light


Phone Torch
Next I have Kaepop Beverly. I got this shade as a safety net, seeing as I'd ordered some standout colours. But it has surprised me! There's tiny flecks of purplish glitter running through this, and I think it's going to look so interesting on the lid! The only down side to this is that there seemed to be just chunks of fall out which was strange because none of the other shadows did that.







I only got 2 lip shades, although there are many more that I want. First up is the Ultra Satin Lip in the shade Marshmallow. I have been dying to get my hands on this shade for so long and I'm incredibly happy that it's now mine. I'm going to order the lip pencil to this, but for now I'm happy. The formula is incredibly smooth and applies so nicely on the lips, I am wearing this shade right now while eating pizza and I can safely say it's still on, unlike some lip colours which break down upon contact with oily food.




Finally, I have the Ultra Matte Lip in Rooch, another Depop purchase. And the only disappointment of the lot. While this shade is gorgeous when swatched, it's a nightmare on the lips. The colour breaks down so easily, and dries my lips out hella bad. When it's on, it feel almost velvety once dry, but it's not as nice of a feeling as you would expect. And don't even get me started on trying to take it off, I end up looking like I stuck my mouth, cheeks, nose, anywhere close to my mouth, in a jam jar. The problems I've had with this shade have almost made me not want to try anymore of the matte shades, and just stick with the satin. I may order a lighter matte shade and see how I go with it, but I'm really not impressed with this one.

 Thanks for reading, and I hope I have helped with being able ti ship items from America! I definitely recommend Colour Pop, I've heard so many amazing reviews and I wasn't disappointed!

Layla x



You Might Also Like

0 comments