Latest Posts

Sleek Highlighting Palette Solstice

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello my lovelies!
Today I am bringing you the highly raved about Sleek Highlighting Palette in Solstice. I Have heard so much about this palette, and I thought "If it's good enough for Nikkie Tutorials, Jeffree Star and Kandee Johnson, then it's good enough for me!"
I actually got this on a two for £10 deal in Superdrug. Now, this palette is £9.99, so I also ordered my fave eyebrow gel (the Sleek Brow Perfector in Clear) and I basically paid a penny for it. Winner!!

I have to say, I am so impressed with this palette. I have this on my face as I write, and I am, GLOWING. I love it!
The palette itself is packaged in a gorgeous gold case, and has a magnetic closing so it just snaps shut, and is so reflective, I can take selfies in it.


There are 4 highlight shades in this palette, and one is cream and two are baked, as well as a brush, although I probably will never use that.
On the back of the box is suggestions on where to put each shade, so I followed that for this post.



The first shade is Ecliptic and this is the cream shade. It's a gorgeous pinkish tone, and I applied it under my brow bone, like the back of the box suggested.




It gives such a subtle glow under the brow, and is stunning when the light catches it.


Next is the shade Hemisphere. This is a beautiful lilac shade, and looks similar to the Colourpop shade Hippo that I want to get. I think the lilac is really unique, as there aren't that many on the market.
I put this on my cheekbones, as suggested.



At first, it was very bold, and obviously lilac, but with a blog of buffing it looked fine! I doubt I will use this shade on a daily basis, but it's definitely a stand out colour for when I want to make a statement.


The third shade is called Subsolar. This is such a pretty gold, and gold highlights are my fave! The feel of this is very smooth and it's just so pretty! However, I do feel that while it looks gold in the pan, it definitely swatches as a more silvery shade which is strange.
I put this down my nose.


It's very, very reflective in the light and a little goes a long way with this.


Finally is the shade Equinox. This shade is more of a bronzey colour, and not one that I would usually go for as I thought it would show up too dark on my skin.
I put this on my cupids bow.



As with the Subsolar shade, a little goes a long way with this shade, and it actually really like it!

Overall, this palette is so worth the hype, and I think that the price of £10 for four shades is amazing for the quality of product you get. My favourite shade is definitely Ecliptic, it's just so gorgeous!

Let me know if you own/buy this palette, I'd love to know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading
Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments