Latest Posts

Soap and Glory: Kick Ass Fake Awake

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hello!

The other day I bought a new yellow under eye corrector because I found out Benefit test on animals! Which means I chucked out my Lemonaid (I had none left anyway haha). I was looking for another corrector that was going to last me a while. Ones like the Urban Decay corrector made me think that I would get through it super fast seeing as I use it every day, and the Lemonaid lasted me about 6 months and I wanted something similar. I saw this in Boots and figured "why not?". I've never used Soap and Glory makeup before (only the hand cream) and I though this would be a great way to get into their products.


This is my under eye normally, bog standard no makeup.


The Kick Ass is a stick form and feels very smooth in consistency. It is 5.5g and retails for £8, which is half the price of Lemonaid which is £16 for 2.70g. Not a bad difference! Although the Benefit one is technically a colour correcting eyelid primer, I only ever used it as a colour corrector.


It's a pale shade of yellow, and is very creamy application.


I drew a triangle with the stick under my eye, and filled it in like I do with my regular concealer. It was really easy to apply with the stick because it's literally just drawing it on your face.


It's also incredibly easy to blend, I just used a medium sized beauty blender from Primark. And I definitely think you can see the difference! I applied it to the left side of my face (it looks like the right in the photo haha) and it definitely makes my skin look dark circle-less! And it also does a fab job at covering the redness in my face too, much better than a green corrector (I've tried one before and it didn't work as well as I hoped). But that's just my face, and I can't guarantee that a yellow corrector will work for everyone's redness!
Applying my foundation over the corrector was super easy too, and it was still just as blendable as normal, and I definitely noticed that you couldn't see any darkness, possibly making this better coverage than Lemonaid too!



If you want to try this Kick Ass Fake Awake Concealer, you can pick it up from Boots here.
See you next time!
Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments