Latest Posts

Life Things

By 11:00 , , , , , ,



Hello!

Today I wanted to talk about the things that are going on in my life. I'm always looking for ways to make my blog more personal than just "this makeup is amazing", because there really is more to me than just makeup. Something that I always worry about is that whoever is reading my blog thinks that I'm self obsessed and concentrate solely on my looks, so I wanted to just chat about other things to prove I am an actual person :P

First of all, a massive change in my life is that for nearly a month I have switched to being vegetarian. Now, anyone who knows me will know that I HATE most vegetables. But eating meat was making me very unhappy, and I am currently on a journey to try and find true happiness in my life, so cutting out meat is just one step towards that. And I have found out that vegetables aren't that bad when they're in a meal like a Mediterranean bake or a vegetable lasagna. And I've found many tasty treats that are packed with protein, something that I wouldn't have bothered about before. It has actually been a lot easier for me to cut out meat, as I used to eat it for at least two meals every day. I am eating better food and I feel a lot better knowing that I'm not eating dead animals.

The next thing in my life that I am slowly trying to fix is my fitness. Fitness is something that I have extremely lagged on, especially in the last year. I'm trying to walk more places, and when the weather gets a bit nicer I want to go one walks in my area, as my part of town has a lot of hills that will be great for walking. I've also started a legs, bums and tums workout, which leaves me kinda tired and achy, but at least I know it's working, I think?

A massive thing that is happening in September is that I am (finally) starting university! It has taken a lot of hard work, especially mentally, to reach this stage and to overcome the struggles I have had in the past at my previous college. But I am now where I want to be, even if I am two years behind everyone else my age. I am going to study a degree in photography, which is just a dream and I cannot wait to start this new chapter. I'm studying locally, so I will be living at home, but I don't feel like I'm going to miss out on the whole "uni experience", I did originally want to move away, but I changed my mind. I'm actually really looking forward to getting to stay at home with my family, friends, and, of course, my dogs. I'm also excited at the possibility that me and my best friend could be going to uni together! I believe that you should always do what is right for you, not what is right for others, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

In the past couple of months, I have entered a new relationship. Scary? Maybe. We had been best friends for two years previous, and being in a relationship seems natural. I'm very happy, and all loved up. He's actually the first of my boyfriend's to not get "the talk" from my friends. Probably because he was the one giving the others that talk, haha!

I am soon due to take my driving test as well. I'm so, so nervous, but I can't wait to be out and about driving my little car (I've named her Indie). I passed my theory at the start of March, so now I just need to perfect my driving and hopefully I'll have a summer full of road trips. Just kidding, petrol is expensive these days... But I am looking forward to the independence that a car will bring me, and no longer having to catch smelly buses.

Recently, I have been thinking a bit more about myself, and the little things that I want in life. Even from little things like not caring that people comment on the fact that I always wear all black, or tying my fringe up despite thinking I have a big forehead. I am looking forward to the end of college, although I will be sad that the past two years have gone so quick! But I have many plans in the summer, that I'm hoping to share on here, and a lot of shoot ideas that I want to do before I start focusing on uni.I want to expand my blog and feature more of these lifestyle posts as I feel that my blog is a great place to share things.

You Might Also Like

0 comments