Latest Posts

Revision Tips

By 10:00 , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Happy Saturday my lovelies!

Now, exam season is fast approaching, and for some of us this unfortunately means that weekends and evenings will no longer be a time of relaxation, but a time to panic and flounder in notes and PowerPoint hand outs. But if you organise your revision and vaguely know what you're doing, it's not so bad. I've had six years of revising for GCSEs/A-Levels, and I though I would share with you the helpful tips and trick that I've picked up that make revising, well not enjoyable, but at least a bit more bearable.

Music



This first one may not apply to all, but I definitely find it better having music on while I'm revising. I recently found a playlist on Spotify called "Revision Ballads" and it's full of chill out tunes that you can play in the background while revising.

Notepads


This may seem like an obvious one, but there's been plenty of times where I've come to revise and realised I have nowhere to write. I find A4 notepads the best as I feel like I'm reading/writing less? Maybe it's because I flick through less pages.

Stationary




This is a HUGE point for me, firstly, because I am utterly obsessed with stationary, I am happiest in Paperchase choosing my next set of notebooks and pens. Sad, I know. But I am a visual learner, and colours are essential for me to be able to focus. I'm more likely to remember things, and even look at them if the key points are highlighted and definitions are in a different colour. Of course, this may not be for everyone, but at least your notes look pretty, right?

Flash Cards



Flash cards are so useful when it comes to learning key terms. Simply write the term on one side, and the definition on another. Then get a friend of family member to read one of the sides out to you and tell them what is on the other. I find these really useful as you can also use them by yourself and they're small enough to carry around rather than lugging a notepad everywhere.

Time Management




I am completely useless at time management. I am always late, no joke. And I often get in a flutter about what I'm supposed to be doing each day. It took me until last summer to realise that maybe a day to day diary/planner would help me with this. It actually helped so much that I have two, a small one to carry in my handbag and a larger one that I keep on my desk. I write in my daily tasks, and then I can plan my revision around that. And can we please appreciate the pug/unicorn? So cute!

Chill Out


This is surprisingly harder than it seems. While I should be made Procrastination Queen most of the time, when it comes to revising I do tend to get in the swing of it, and I can forget to chill and take time for myself. Don't over revise as this will do you no help. Have a cuppa, eat something. Self care is just as important as passing your exams. What's the point in all that revision if you fall asleep in the exam?



Zen colouring books are great for relaxing. My old counsellor used to give me print outs of mandala patterns as colouring in the repetitive patterns helps to calm anxious feelings. The same applies when revising. The motions relax you, and it's time to chill out and let your stresses go.

I hope that these tips help you with your revision, and good luck to all who are sitting your exams soon, you'll smash it!

Thanks for reading,

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments