Latest Posts

Solstice

By 17:52 , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello!

Today I was very excited to play around with a recent purchase of mine, the Urban Decay Moondust shadow in Solstice. This shade is everything you could want and more. Yesterday, I wore it with a more reddy-browny shade and it came through reddish with teal glitter, but today I really experimented and popped it ontop of black shadow, and the result is to die for. So keep reading if you want to find out more!

As per usual, I primed and set my eyelids.
Then I went in with  Depravity from the Makeup Revolution Salvation palette. Now this colour is not heavily pigmented at all and it took a lot of building and blending to get this look how I wanted, so I'd suggest finding a different purple eyeshadow for this.


I then blended a Kiko Infinity shadow in the shade 291, which is a light grey colour just  to darken the purple a little more before going in with the black.


Now the messy bit. I packed on Crave from the Naked Basics palette, and while it does look messy here...


... you can soon blend it out and add more colour if needed. The key to this look is to keep blending and blending and blending.


Taking a wet, flat brush, I took some of the Solstice shade and packed this on top of the black, and then blended it towards my crease with a crease brush.




Then I went in with my trusty eyeliner, and did my face makeup.


On the lower lashline, I put a black kohl in my water line, and then ran Crave along the lash line. After, I lightly pressed some more of Solstice to create a subtle glitter on the bottom.


For lips, I used a mix of MUA's lip liner in Brooding Plum, Collection Gothic Glam in Revenge and Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Velvet. At first I just applied them, but after I dabbed my lips on a tissue which created a perfect matte.


And that's it!




Hope you enjoyed, see you next time!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments