Latest Posts

The Power of Makeup

By 18:36 , , , , , , , , ,

Hello!
So last summer, NikkieTutorials did a video on the power of makeup and the internet went crazy. I think it is an amazing idea, as makeup is essentially an art, it's just one you put on your face. It has the power to change how a person looks completely and gives many people confidence. Wearing makeup does not have to be so a girl can look nice for boys, wearing makeup should be about self expression and something to be had fun with. So without further ado, here is my Power of Makeup.

First of all, I always moisturise with Nivea Creme, and I have recently started to prime with Nivea Men Post Shave Balm in Sensitive (another genius idea from NikkieTutorials). This has the sticking power of superglue on your face, and doesn't clog you up like most silicone based primers.

I start out with eyeshadow as it is easier to clean any fall out without foundation underneath as well as being able to create a sharp wing along the eye.


Then I use a green corrector cream to cover up the masses of red on my face, particularly under my eyes.


Then I put foundation and concealer over that using a (fake) beauty blender.


Then it's time to bake. Which looks ridiculous while you're in the process of doing so.


While I'm waiting for that, I do my brows (which really need waxing).


Once I've dusted off the excess powder, I do contour/blush/highlight (although you can't see too well here, I promise it's there!)



And then it's eyeliner time!!! (my fave)


After that, I stick on mascara, falsies and lipstick and I'm done!


Before


After


(I am hugely aware of my uneven brows, I'm just too lazy to go get them done yet)

I think I look hugely different without makeup, just by covering up the redness under my eyes, which instantly makes me look more alive. Every girl, woman, boy and man should have the confidence to go out without their makeup on, everyone is beautiful/
And people who say "gonna take her swimming on the first date"? Bitch, I got that setting spray.

Thanks for reading,

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments