Latest Posts

Makeup Obsession Palette

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hello!

Today I wanted to talk to you about something I found in Boots the other day. Makeup Obsession is a brand I have never seen before, but while I was shopping in Worcester, I saw the stand in the Boots there. I've never seen this brand in either of my local Boots, or online (but I checked after and they are on there). Check it out here.
The idea with this brand is pretty neat. You pick out which size palette you want (I opted for the smallest, which was 6), and then you can pick whatever singles you want to go in it. These are eyeshadows, blush, contour and strobe/highlight. So basically, you pay so much for the empty palette, and then pay for each single to go in it. And they're pretty reasonable too! The palette's range from £4-£8, the eyeshadows are all £2, contour is £3 (cream or powder), the same for highlight, and the blushes are all powder and £3 each.



As I said, I went for the 6 palette, as I didn't want to buy a 12 palette and I got it home and hated the product. The palette has a full size mirror and 6 slots to put your singles in.


I bought a mix of eyeshadow, contour and highlight. I didn't get a blush because I'm happy with the one I have!
They all come in a protective plastic case and easily pop out of this.


This is what they look like once they're put of their singular case. This is the contour shade I picked up.


You then easily slot it into the palette, it couldn't be easier!



And a bonus is that you can see the shade names on the bottom of the palette too.


So this is my completed palette.
Top row (L-R)
Contour Power - Light
Banana Powder - C111
Strobe Balm - Precious

Bottom Row (L-R)
Eyeshadow - Burnt
Eyeshadow - Slate
Eyeshadow - Lucky Charm


Here are the swatches for the top row. I am really impressed with the contour powder as it is quite cool toned. I wouldn't recommend the banana powder as you could definitely tell it was more yellow than the rest of my face when I applied it to my under eye area, I looked a mess! I haven't used the highlight yet, but it has a gorgeous blue iridescent shine to it, it's just so gorgeous.


The bottom row is just eyeshadows, cause that's what I love! I was genuinely shocked and amazed at the quality of these. Considering they are only £2 each and are quite a decent pan size (2g), the pigment is just astounding. I am completely in love with the shade Burnt, I really can't wait to play around with it. The colour Slate is just an eyeshadow that I can see myself using in many looks, hence why I picked it up. As I'd gone for two matte shades, I decided to also pick up a shimmer, and I'm so glad I did! Just one swipe and this was the swatch I got! I think if I decide to go for another paltte, I'll definitely just get eyeshadows, I'll probably go for a 12 size palette too because the quality for the price is perfect.

Let me know if you see these in store or if you decide to try them out, I definitely recommend it! I really like the idea of this as you can make a palette that is tailored to you, because in most palettes there's always at lease 2 shades you never use! At least with this you get your money's worth because you pick what goes in it.

Thanks for reading!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments