Latest Posts

Carbolic Soap As A Brush Cleaner?

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , ,



Hello!

Today I thought I would share a quick post with you all about a fantastic brush cleaner that I have found. Forget spending £10+ on brush cleaners that are basically glorified water, and instead spend a mere £3.73 on some carbolic soap. Carbolic soap is a mild disinfectant and works brilliantly at getting the built up makeup out of your brushes.


Firstly, here is my (very) dirty beauty blender (not a real one, you can pick them up for £1.50 in Primark and they're actually great).


The carbolic soap is a (not so) lovely pink shade, and smells incredibly medical. Which is what your brushes and hands will smell like once you're done.


Run the soap under warm water, and take your brush/sponge and rub the soap onto them. Keep doing this until the lather of the soap turns from the dirty colour of the built up product to a white.



I found warm water best for breaking down the product.

And that's literally it. Leave your brushes to dry, or if you're like me, hairdryer them.


Here is my newly cleaned sponge, as good as new. And not only have you gotten rid of the colour build up but you've also disinfected your brushes/sponges as well.



Hope this helps, you should definitely give it a try!

See you next time,

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments