Latest Posts

February Favourites

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello!

So yet another month is over, how is it already nearly March? But I won't complain as March is my birthday month and I turn the big 2 0, leaving teenage-hood behind *cry*. But for now, I thought I would go over my February favourites with you.



Firstly, a big favourite has to be the Nivea Men Post Aftershave Balm in Sensitive. After watching NikkieTutorials (one of my favourite YouTuber's ever, seriously, check her out, she's fab), I have been using this as a primer religiously and it's brilliant. Silicone based primers are awful on my skin as they clog my skin up, but this doesn't. It's rather cheap and you don't need too much at a time, just rub it into your face until it goes tacky and apply your makeup over the top.



Carrying on with the makeup favourites, I've been loving this Extra Sculpt Star Volume Mascara from Kiko. It makes my lashes so long, and works really well on my bottom lashes when I'm wearing falsies on the top, although I have to be careful as the brush is quite big. I'm almost out of this, so I need to find another mascara to obsess over.


Talking of false lashes, I have found my holy grail. The Ardell Demi Wispies are perfect. I prefer more natural looking eyelashes, and these do the job just right (as you can see I wer these a lot and I only have one pair left). I wear these on an everyday basis, going out and even to work. I feel that they add a bit more drama to a look without going overboard, which is basically what I'm about.


This is just a small favourite, but the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine top coat is great for making your nails look super shiny, especially when combined with the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes. I prefer shiny nails to matte ones, I'm not sure why, I just do.


Next I have this double ended brush from Primark. The one ens is a pencil brush, which is great for lining the lower lashline with eyeshadow, but also for cut creases to create that definition. The flat end is actually amazing for contouring the nose with powder, which I did not expect when I bought it. For only £1.50, I don't think anyone can go wrong with this.


An obvious favourite of mine if you have read any of my recent tutorials is the Substitute For Love shade from the Zoeva Cocoa Blends palette. Considering that when I first got this palette, I thought that I wouldn't use this particular shade, I've been using it a lot. I find it to be the perfect transition shade, although I do want to try Chickadee from Makeup Geek as it looks like a slightly brighter colour to this.


My next favourite is coconut oil. I recently featured this in my hair care routine, but it really is amazing. I'm going to try oil pulling with my teeth soon using this, but I'm kind of scared how it will taste. I've heard it is great as a face moisturiser too so I may try that as well.


I've never really used a body scrub before, but this has changed my view completely. It smells gorgeous and works really well. I use it twice a week, and now I don't think I'll not use a body scrub again.


I've only just started using this, as I just finished Snow Fairy, but it smells gorgeous. I think I still prefer Happy Hippy, but this is a close second. When I first used it though, it was so runny I thought I was going to be stained pink, but I'm doing okay so far.


Moving away from beauty, I've been absolutely adoring this necklace from Missguided. It goes really well with just a plain dress to add a bit of extra something. I've recently stopped wearing chokers and things all the time, and I quite like this as a simple but bold piece.


Next I have these earrings that I got at Accessorize in the sale after Christmas. I love silver jewellery (my aim is to have rings on every finger like Phoebe from Friends), and these earrings are so cute and delicate, I pretty much adore every piece of silver jewellery from Accessorize to be honest. I took my stretcher out over a year ago now in order to wear matching earrings, so I am starting to grow my collection.


My phone case is definitely one of my favourite things, ever. Yes, I know that there have been claims of these cases being filled with acid, but it's so pretty I'm gonna take the risk. Although I was disappointed because it said it was unicorns on the case, but when it arrived, it's just regular horses. But still, so, so pretty.


A definite favourite of this month was from the beginning when I saw Black Stone Cherry, Shinedown, Halestorm and Highly Suspect at the Carnival of Madness. Shinedown are one of my favourite bands in the entire world, and have been since I was 16 so it was amazing to get to see them again, alongside the other 3 incredible bands. While I realised I am far to old to be screaming in a mosh pit like when I was 16, it hasn't put me off wanting to go to another concert soon. (Steel Panther, anyone?)


Recently I have been starting to read more, which is great as I used to be an avid reader but I sort of fell out of love with it I suppose. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is actually amazing, and I can understand what all the hype is about, and I really want to see the film once I've finished the book.


My all time favourite of this month, and will probably be my favourite of every month until they break, has got to be my Doc Martens. I've always wanted a pair, but I didn't want a conventional pair that everyone else has, However, I'm not one for spending a lot of money on a colourful pair of shoes that I will never wear. So I spent a long time just accepting that I'm too difficult and that I'll just have to go for a regular pair. But then somewhere, someone from Doc Martens must have heard my silent prayers and came out with these. They are the 1460 8 Eye Boots, and they are actually mens, but who cares about that really? I love wearing the colour black, and when I saw these were not only all black (even the label), but matte black, I knew I needed them. And they were in the sale, so they were basically meant for me. It's been pretty much impossible to get me out of these because I love them so much, i will literally make anything work with them.


I hope February has been a fab month for you, and I'll see you next time.

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments