Latest Posts

Eyes Inspired by Jeffree Star

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hey baes!

Today I have a look that is inspired by my one and only Queen, Jeffree Star and his beautiful hair.

If you don't know who Jeffree is, then please educate yourself. His makeup skills are just on another level, and his hair is actually stunning, so I wanted to create an eye look inspired by this.


(https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/319333429807871390/)

So once you've discovered Jeffree (and his amazing makeup, which you can get from Cocktail Cosmetics in the UK), we can start with the look!


After placing my tape and priming, I first used Freshly Toasted from the Zoeva Cocoa Blends palette as my transition colour.


For this look, I decided that I was going to use a blush palette rather than eyeshadow, and I am using the Makeup Revolution Blush palette in Sugar & Spice. I have numbered the colours in order that I used them as they don't have names.


I took the first colour and applied it over the initial transition colour, extending it up a little to show some subtle pink. I focused mainly on the outer corner with this,


Then I took the second colour to add a more pinky vibe.


I wanted a little bit of depth so I added Naked from the Naked palette with a pencil brush just to lightly add a bit of shade because I didn't want to go too dark with this.


Moving away from the blush, I added Virgin also from the Naked palette in my inner corner. To add a bit more shimmer, I added Set Me Free from the Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate palette on top of the Virgin shade as I thought these two made a great combo.


Coming back to the blush palette and using the final third shade, I applied this in my outer corner, buffing it along the tape.


I found that this reduced the intensity of the shimmer colours, so I went back over these, and added the thinnest line of Sin from the Naked palette inbetween the third blush and the shimmer colours as I felt this made the transition look a bit neater.


And this is the part I well and truly messed up. You know when one wing goes absolutely perfect, and then the other one really doesn't but you can't wipe them off because then you'll ruin all of your hard work with the shadow? That's what happened to me with this look. But it's okay, because no one has perfect eyeliner days everyday, even with the aid of tape.


After doing my face makeup, I drew a kohl liner along my waterline


Then I added a mix of the second and third blushes directly under this in a smooth line to add an extra pop of colour.


I added mascara and lashes, as per, and the eyes were complete.



On my lips, I decided to use the Makeup Revolution lipstick in Scandalous Depraved. I quite liked how the pink and purples mixed well, and I also liked how this lipstick got darker the longer I was out, that was pretty cool.




Please excuse my hair, my straighteners literally exploded on me so I need to buy some new ones.

I hope you enjoyed this look, it was definitely a lot of fun playing around with colour for a change, and something that I would like to do again.

Thank you for reading,

Layla x

You Might Also Like

4 comments