Latest Posts

St Patrick's Day Makeup

By 10:44 , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello!

Today is St Patrick's Day and I thought I would share with you the look I created for the parade in Birmingham that I went to on Sunday. I wasn't entirely happy with how the glitter turned out, but I got a lot of compliments so maybe I'm just being picky?

Here is the look that I created :)


First of all, I took both Naked 2 from the Naked Basics Palette and Half Baked from the Naked Palette and ran these through my crease.


Then I took the darker green shade from the W7 Neon Nights Palette (you can use any green you like, obviously, this is just the only green I own). I ran this just under where I'd put the original two shades.


Then to lighten this up a bit, I took the more lime shade from the palette and blended it all over the original green shade, dragging it down slightly.


I took the Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in I have A Green and pretty much filled in my entire lid.


Don't worry if it looks messy because you're gonna blend it out like I did here.



Now for the fun bit! I used my Duo lash adhesive and some green glitter from Wilkinson's, probably not the best idea so I'm definitely not gonna recommend it! I put the glue on a flat brush and spread it across my eyelid, and then placed the glitter on top with the same brush.




As I said before, I wasn't 100% happy with how the glitter turned out, but this was my first time using loose glitter all over my lid. I just think I need more practice blending it. I did clean it up a bit more after taking this photo, but oh well. I tried!



Then I added my usual eyeliner and mascara. I ran a black eyeliner pencil along my waterline, and drew a faint green line just underneath with the I Have A Green pencil.



On my lips I used Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick in the shade Mango Crush. I was quite impressed with this, it managed to stay on even with me devouring a chicken bake from Gregg's!



And that is it!





I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day, see you next time.

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments