Latest Posts

Orange and Blue Eyes

By 10:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello! Today I have a brighter look than normal, but somehow still smokey. I wanted to experiment with some opposite colours, so I picked orange and blue as I've already done a purple look and a long time ago I did a cranberry look. I'm quite enjoying bold looks, so I decided to pair this with a dark purple lip and slightly darker eyebrows than usual. I hope you enjoy!


Firstly I used Freshly Toasted from the Zoeva Cocoa Blends palette blended into my crease. It looks a bit meh here but I blended it up more afterwards.


Then I added a bit of Beans Are White to deepen my crease and because I find it easier to go in with a black shade when I've applied a slightly lighter dark shade before.


Then i blended both shades upwards, pretty much to my brow.



Then I applied MAC Orange across my lid. I DO NOT endorse MAC as they test on animals, but this is a shade I bought a while ago for a Cosplay before I started going cruelty free. If anyone has a dupe for this colour then it would be appreciated!


I blended out the orange shade with the L'Oreal Sculpt Blush in 102 Nude Beige, blending to two more orange shades along my crease. Then I applied Crave from the Urban Decay Basics Palette and gradually blended it with the orange shade. I had to keep applying both shades and blending until I got the look I wanted.



Then I applied my trusty eyeliner, of course.

Noe before I go into my lower lash line, I just wanna take a moment to talk about Lemon-aid from Benefit. It's amazing for my skin tone. Although it's an eyelid primer, which I do use it for, I also use it under my eyes before applying foundation and concealer.


It brightens my undereye and cancels out the nasty purple/red tone that I have going on (I feel like this photo doesn't do it justice but trust me, it works so well!) Thank you Polly (here is her blog) for introducing this to me!!




After I did my face makeup, I put some kohl just on my waterline. Then I used Kiko Infinity in 277 along my lower lashline. This took a little bit of building up but I eventually got it how I wanted.



Then I added my trusty mascara and lashes.


On my lips I used Makeup Revolution Salvation Liquid Lipstick in Velvet Vamp. (My lips look wonky but that's the natural shape and I'm not confident with overlining my lips with dark colours yet!)


And here is the fnished look! I hope you liked it, I really liked it as I thought it was different and vibrant, but still smokey enough for my liking.

Also my fringe is pushed back because it didn't dry right (even with a hair dryer) and I currently don't own any straighteners!





Thank you for reading and see you next time!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments