Latest Posts

Hair Care Routine

By 14:24 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hey all!

I am trying to break away from constant makeup posts as I feel I am stuck in a bit of a rut recently and I want to spruce things up. Recently, I lightened my hair from a dark reddish-purple (it pretty much looked black). It is now a "ginger" shade, and I really like it, although I am hoping to eventually go blonde.



I feel so much better with lighter hair, but of course, using harsh chemicals is very damaging. A couple of years ago, I bleached my hair and damaged it so much, it fell out and snapped off. (If you're interested in my hair journey, here's a post from 2014.) So I didn't touch bleach for 2 years, I didn't even touch permanent hair colours for a year, and I was petrified when I lightened my hair, but I think I did okay, and it's all down to the products I use in my hair. I thought I would share them as I highly recommend them all, although it is a pretty high maintenance routine with quite a few products. I hope you enjoy :)

Coconut Oil



Before I bleached my hair, I used coconut oil in my hair. I left it in for about two hours, and then didn't wash it out before the lightening. Now I put it in my hair overnight before I wash my hair in the morning and it works so well. I have to shampoo twice to make sure it is all out, but it's genuinely a miracle product. I got this tub for £8.99 from Superdrug, and I'm pretty sure it's going to last me a long time because you don't need that much product.


Get it here.

Inecto Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner



I also wash my hair with coconut shampoo and conditioner that I got from Savers. These are pretty cheap, I think they were around £2 each and they work really well. My hair feels absolutely amazing after, as well as smelling really nice.

Have a look on the Inecto website, or check out your local Savers store.

OGX Argan Oil of Morocco


After towel drying my hair to damp, I put argan oil in my hair. This is the first "extra" product I used in my hair, so I guess you can say this is what started my obsession with hair care. This is the only argan oil I've tried, but I don't even feel the need to try another because I love this one so much. It leaves my hair super shiny, although you have to be careful not to put too much in as it can leave your hair greasy. You only need a drop!

You can grab it here.

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Leave In Conditioner


Last spring, I went on a bit of a hype about this stuff, but the leave in conditioner is the one thing I continued to buy. The entire range is incredible and really works wonders for you hair.


With an easy pump spray, I usually use about 5 pumps tops and rub the product in my palms before running it through the ends of my hair.

You can get this on Amazon but I'm pretty sure I bought it from Wilkos.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Spray


This product. It's actually amazing. If there's one thing on this entire list that I would recommend, it would be this. It smells absolutely gorgeous for a start, but since I've been using this I've noticed a major change in my hair. I just spray it onto the ends of my hair, and I've been getting fewer split ends since.


Get it on eBay here.

Schwarzkopf Got2b Sexy Big Volume Mousse


I have such thin hair, so I have layers cut in, but this also helps to give my hair an extra bit of life and volume. It's a spray mousse, and I tend to spray about a palm sized amount (I'm not sure how much you're actually meant to use) and run it through my hair.


Get it from Boots.

IQ Intelligent Styling Heat Shield Protector Spray


Finally, if I am going to be using heat on my hair (which is not often recently as my straighteners blew up on me) I swear by this. I got it from my hairdresser originally, and I think I've been using it for about 3 years now. It smells amazing and works really well protecting my hair.


The spray reminds me of a cleaning bottle, but it has a catch so you can lock it when you're not using it. If you enjoy this, I also recommend their gel hairspray if you want a super hold spray.

Get it here.


Bonus: Dry shampoo is a great way to maintain your hair between washes, as washing it everyday can do more damage than good! Checkout this guide to pick the best dry shampoo for you! https://www.reviews.com/dry-shampoo/

I hope this was of help to you, and that you have some ideas for your own hair care. I really do recommend all of these as I'm incredibly picky with my hair, and I will never use anything that I don't think is good enough. (an almost snobby opinion)

Thank you for reading, and see you next time!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Just a teeny bit of this zesty citrus salve (thank you pink pomelo!) gets your locks on point, with the help of all natural ingredients of phospholipids (derived from natural soybeans) and an Indian herb called gotu kola that helps your strands stay smooth, shiny and strong. colornow hair dye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satyam Hair Transplant Centre is the best approach for people who want to get a Hair Transplant in India. We follow manifested and trusted surgical guidelines because we believe it is the best thing to deliver excellence incorporated with progressive hair restoration methods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ASG Hair Transplant Centre is providing the best Hair Transplant at very reasonable rates. Here you will get the best results from our skilled team. Click on the link for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, the best hair transplant service in chandigarh. The senior surgeon, Dr Vikas Gupta and expert team of hair transplant provide you best service of hair loss treatment in Chandigarh, Punjab India.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the useful information with us..
    People who are looking for a professional hair loss treatment in Visakhapatnam can contact Dr. VJs Cosmetic Surgery& Hair Transplantation Centre. Their professional cosmetic surgeons are the best you can find in this field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We bet it is amazing to know that you can get hair transplant at a price that will not burn a hole in your pocket. Get your Hair Transplant Cost in India done at Profile Cosmetic Surgery with pocket friendly prices, highly experienced doctors and modern medical science technology.

    ReplyDelete