Latest Posts

My Top 5 Highlighters

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hey there!
Today I am going to share with you my top five favourite highlighters. I LOVE highlighting, and I will happily go out of my house looking like an orb and not care. All of these highlighters are drugstore, because hey, the way I get through highlighters, I'm not gonna pay £40 for it to last me a month haha! I will provide links to each one in case you are interested!
I hope you enjoy :)





First off is my number one, MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Iridescent Gold. This is the highlighter that I use in my everyday kind of looks. It's only £3 and is very good for the price point! I literally glow when I wear this, and it's actually last me quite a long time (I was being sarcastic when I said highlighters only last me a month, in case you didn't pick that up). MUA in general, like Makeup Revolution, are an amazing affordable brand who actually produce good quality makeup.

You can grab this from Superdrug here.





My second favourite is Hemisphere from the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette. At first, I thought that lilac wouldn't make a great shade on me, but I love it! If I'm going for a super pale look, I will use this, or if I want a bit more of an unusual look too. This whole palette in general is well worth picking up, but Hemisphere is my favourite of all of them.

You can get this from Boots here.




Thirdly is Feeling Younger from Lush. I only have a sample of this, as I wanted to try it, and because you don't need that much at a time, the sample has lasted me aaaaages. This is a lovely cream highlight that stays on all day. It has slight pearl/peachy kind of glow? I'm not good at describing things when I can't quite make it out. But I have also tried this in with my foundation and it gave me a nice subtle glow. I have also read that you can use it to conceal under your eyes, so I'm definitely going to give that a go!

Pick it up from Lush here.




At number four, we have Stole The Show by Kygo. Just kidding, it's from Colourpop. This feels so nice when you swatch it, it's incredibly creamy and just glides on so well. It is a gold, but also has small flecks of pink in there too, which you can see when you turn it in the sunlight. It lasts all day, and if I'm feeling a bit of an extra glow, I will put this on first, and then the MUA highlighter on top. Perfect.

Get it from Colourpop here.




Finally, my number 5 isn't technically a highlighter, it's an eye shadow. And it costs something daft like £1.99. But it works so well as a highlighter!! It's called Candy Floss, and it's from Natural Collection in Boots. It's a lovely pink shade, which obviously is more pigmented when swatched. But on my highlighting brush, it is so subtle when applied to the cheeks etc, and it is stunning. And I'm all for multi purpose makeup, because it does make an awesome eyeshadow too!

Find it from Boots here.



I hope you found this post useful and that maybe it has given you some ideas for highlighters that you would like to try.

See you next time!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments