Latest Posts

Makeup Purge

By 15:29 , , , , , , , , ,

Hello!

Yesterday I was having a chat with my boyfriend about my makeup, and how much I own. And this got me thinking that I needed a purge, as I continue to buy more makeup and never clear my old products out. So I thought it might be fun to share this on my blog, and maybe have it act as a push for others to do the same. I am going to get rid of most of the products, and sell some on my depop if they're of better quality/unused. So, let's get purging!



So this is my makeup drawer. I purged this, as well as another box that I had of makeup I never ever use (I have no idea why I still had any of it)



First off I got rid of this eyeshadow palette that I've had for ages and literally never use. I'm not even sure how I got it.



Next I got rid of this vile eyebrow palette, like seriously, why did I still have this??



I had quite a few eyeshadows to get rid of. These are colours that I just don't reach for that often, or are tested on animals like MAC and Avon. I've finally found a replacement for my MAC Orange, I'm going to try a NYX shadow.



I'm throwing all of these products out, I've had the eyeshadows longer than I care to remember. The Rimmel blush used to be my favourite but I tend to use orange tones now rather than pink tones. I have replaced my MUA Pro Base with Benefit's Lemon Aid as the MUA concealer didn't offer me as much coverage as I wanted.


I'm not sure why I still had these foundations when they were empty?? Procrastination much? The powder is too orange for my skin tone, despite it being translucent and now I use talcum powder. The concealer is too dark for my skin tone and rather bad consistency.


All of these products needed throwing out. The MUA concealer is my favourite ever, and I have repurchased it time after time, and it's only £1! Both the mascaras are empty and I never wear the lipsticks anymore, despite them being old favourites for me.


All of these pencils are just old or useless now. The eyebrow pencil is too light for me, and I'm not sure why I still have any of these.




All of these items are still pretty full but they just didn't do any good for me, I didn't use them at all so there was no point in holding onto them.



These three lipsticks are all similar in colour but all colours I don't wear. I went through a phase where I liked the look of this colour when swatched so I bought them and then decided I didn't like them when I got home. How silly of me.


I've only ever used one of these, which is Sugarbomb, but I don't wear lipgloss like, ever. I'm thinking of putting these on my Depop maybe?



I'm not gonna talk about these. All I'm going to say is that I've had them way, way longer than I should have.



I bought this powder when I wanted a new compact, and while it is a nice consistency, despite being the lightest shade I could find, it still comes up orange on me. I think any powder besides the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder comes up orange on my skin.


I found this lipgloss, still in the box, that was a tester my nan gave me. As I said earlier, I never wear lipgloss so I don't need this.


I also found these face toners and cleansers that look like they've only been used a few times. But unfortunately Lancome tests on animals so I'm getting rid of these too.


Look how much tidier my drawer looks now!! I still have quite a bit but I think I've purged quite a bit in all honesty.


These are the items I'm going to sell, including empty boxes. My Depop is laylaaurora so check it out!


This is the pile of makeup that I'm chucking out.

This has really opened my eyes to how much makeup I have accumulated and never gotten rid of. I'm definitely going to be more conscious when I buy new makeup from now on, and make sure that I do regular purges of what I already have.

I hope this has inspired you to maybe take a look at your makeup and sort through what you don't need.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments