Latest Posts

Tattoo Tag!

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , ,

Hello!!

Today I thought I would do the tattoo tag. I don't have that many tattoos compared to some people, but I love all the ones I do have and so I thought I would do this tag!

Questions:

1. How many tattoos do you have?

I have a total of 5 tattoos, but one is unfinished.

2. What is your favourite tattoo that you have?

My back tattoo! It's the first tattoo that I have had where I was like "Wow, I actually have a tattoo". Which was ridiculous because I already had 3 others at that point. But I guess it was because it was my first big tattoo.

3. How old were you when you got your first tattoo?

18. I wasn't enough of a rebel to get an underage one, and I wanted to make sure I went to a decent place! i believe that if somewhere is going to do underage tattoos, then they're not a respectful or responsible artist.

4. What do your parents think about your tattoos?

My dad doesn't seem to mind them, but he has tattoos too. My mum hates them though. I don't think my grandparents mind them, but they'd definitely rather that I didn't have them.

5. Does your boyfriend like your tattoos, if so what's his favourite?

He does yes, seeing as he has them too. I don't know which is his favourite, but I know I would still have them if he didn't like them.

6. Did you always have a love for tattoos and what was your inspiration?

I don't really know when I started to love tattoos. My mum brought me up with the idea that tattoos were a very bad thing and that I should never get any. But as I grew older and my friends had them and I saw new ideas around and about, I realised that I wanted them too. I love the idea that I get to wear someone's art for the rest of my life, and the permanence of them will always remind me of that point of my life where I got the tattoo. Does that make sense?

7. Do you plan on getting more tattoos in the future?

I'm not going to say no. But I want my hip finished next. I'd quite like a unicorn somewhere, because unicorns. We shall see.

8. Which tattoo would you say was the most painful?

My back, by far. Well, when it went onto the spine, that was an awful stabbing pain.

9. Do you regret any of your tattoo's and why?

No. I barely even remember that they're there, which to me is a good thing because they're a part of me and my body.

10. What was your least painful tattoo?

My ankle. I barely felt it, it was actually kinda strange.

11. Who would you like to tag?

Er, anyone?

My tattoos in the order I got them and their meanings:



This was my first tattoo that I got about a month after my 18th birthday and it's on my wrist. I am a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland, it's my all time favourite fairy tale. The meaning of this is very personal, but the main reasoning behind it is that everyone is a little mad in their own way.


My second tattoo is my hip. I still need this finished, I don't know why I haven't, I guess I'm just impatient. This is because I am a Pisces, and I wanted something to represent this. But I didn't want the usual kind of zodiac tattoo. I really like the darker twist on this with the skeletons, and I feel that this tattoo is very me. I need another head on one of my fishies and then it will be complete. I don't want any shading or anything like that as I think the outline on its own is just perfect.



Next I got my ankle done last November. This is Elvish from Lord of the Rings, and something that I wanted for a while. I haven't told anyone what it means, just me and the tattoo artist knows, but if you can read Elvish then be my guest to try and figure this out :P


For my 20th birthday, my boyfriend very kindly paid for me to have my back done, which was amazing and I was and still am so so grateful for it. The idea behind this is that I am trying to follow a Buddhist lifestyle, and I wanted something to represent this. It is a Tibetan Buddha inside a mandala. I know this is not a typical Buddhist mandala, but this is just how I envisioned it in my head. The mandala represents wisdom, as well as being a guide in aiding meditation, something which I struggle with from time to time.


My final tattoo is my little 13. I got this done a couple of weeks ago on Friday 13th, the only one this year! It's on the top of my forearm, just under my ditch. I love the stitching design, and reminds me of Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas one of my all time fave Tim Burton films. I really wanted a Friday 13th tattoo and I thought this was mega cute.

Thanks for reading!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is very Nice Post Sora. I Actually love Tattoos And i read your Post. that is very nice i have also a website on tattoo design in mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up Tattoos in Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really helpful thanks alot for sharing dude..


    makeup artist raleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very interesting, useful and very knowledgeable post. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Latestnews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very interesting and great article I really like your blog and your work. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I like your work, So here I wanna bestowing you to this font site; here you will find best fonts for tattoos;

    Royalty Free Fonts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tattoos are body art. Tattoos are permanent. So, when you're looking for a tattoo parlour, it's important to find a good one: clean and reputable, with talented artists (trust me on this one). But it's not easy - there are too many to choose from! No worries: check out the article below about the best tattoo shops near me and the prices they charge.

    ReplyDelete