Latest Posts

Go To Summer Look

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hello!

Today I have a full face makeup look! That's right, not just the eyes for a change. I've been doing this look quite a bit in the summer, and it's my absolute fave so I wanted to share it with you guys and hopefully inspire your own summer looks!
So let's get started :)


First of all, I moisturise with the Nivea Creme Moisturiser. This is my favourite all year round product, as no matter what the season, I have awfully dry skin. It's a very thick cream, and i usually apply quite a generous amount and just let it soak in.


Then I prime using the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm. This might sound weird, but this has taken over YouTube/blogging since NikkieTutorials discovered it. I just take a small amount and rub it over my face until it gets tacky.



Then I do my brows with the HiBrow 24Hr Eyebrow Colour. I recently got this when I went to the Bloggers hangout and I have been LOVING the dark brown shade on my brows.



I then set my brows with the Sleek Eyebrow gel in clear.


Next I colour correct under my eyes using the Benefit Lemonaid.


I have this on on the left side of this photo, and the right side is just my normal skin. It brightens up my undereye so much, I think it works so well. I also highlighted under my brows with a concealer.


Then I use my holy grail foundation, the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Base. This foundation blends out seamlessly and any cream product I put on it blends out too, it is just a dream.



Then I conceal all the usual areas using the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in fair.


I also use the NYX Concealer jar in Porcelain on the sides of my nose to give extra coverage over my nose piercing scars.


Then I cream contour with the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Kit in Light/Medium.



I only really contour my cheeks and my forehead, especially my forehead in the hopes of making it look smaller. Then I just blend it all out using a sponge. (I use a "beauty blender" that I actually got from Primark, if you're wondering)


Then I take the lighter shade from the kit, and just put a line under my cheek contour and blend it out to give it some extra definition.


I then lightly powder contour, because although I have heard the L'Oreal kit is cream-powder, I don't always feel like it's a "powder" texture.


To do this, I use the contour shade out of this W7 Shape Your Face Contour Kit. For the price, this is actually a pretty okay contour kit, but I do want a more cool tone shade, so I'm thinking of getting a Makeup Geek one maybe?



Then I bake bake bake using talcum powder (post here) because I'm too pale for ANY translucent powder, it somehow still turns orange on me, and I can't justify forking out on Laura Mercier because what if it did the same??



After I've dusted that off, I bronze up with the Makeup Revolution Bronzer in the shade Kiss. This is something relatively new I've been using, I used to use the MUA on in Shade 3, but it was slightly too orange toned for me.




Then I use the Sleek Blush in Life's A Peach. I LOVE orange shade blushes, as I feel they just suit me better than reds or pinks.


Now onto the eyes. First I use Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie in my crease.


Then I deepen it up with Naked 2 from the Naked Basics Palette.


I add a tiny bit more warmth right through the line of my crease with Faint from the same palette.


Then I take Kaepop Beverly from Colourpop and I run this through, and just under my crease.


I then use Bitter Start from the Zoeva Cocoa Blends Palette all over my lid.


And then I smudge a load of Beans Are White from the same palette in the outer corner. (Check out that weird half open eye. Nice one Layla)


I also smudge a bit of Beans Are White halfway across my lower lash line, fading it as it reaches the middle.


Then I take my L'Oreal Miss Hippie Mascara (I can't get the picture to go the right way up, v. annoying). This mascara has quickly become my favourite as I feel like I don't need falsies all the time with it!


Then I highlight the tip of my nose with Colourpop Stole The Show Highlighter.



Then I take the gold shade from the Sleek Solstice Highlighting palette and highlight everywhere else. I also use the cram shade under my brow, as you can just about see here.


Finally, I use the Mink Julips Lip Scrub by Lush to prep my lips.



And then apply Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Posh Spice.




And there we are. My full summer go to look.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I know it was a bit longer than my usual ones but I wanted to show my full face routine for an change.
Thank you for reading, and hopefully I'll see you next time!

Layla x


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. You look beautiful! Really want to get my hands on the Jeffree Star shade, had a feeling it was JS because it's similar to his shade Posh Spice. So gorgeous!

    Sarah xo
    scarletstate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get it, I highly recommend it! It's my favourite lipstick!

      Delete
  2. Such a natural and pretty look. You look so pretty chick X
    thekerenhappuch.com

    ReplyDelete