Latest Posts

Thorpe Park

By 11:00 , , , , , ,


Hey there!

Last week, my boyfriend and I took a trip to Thorpe Park. We went last Tuesday, which as you may know if you're British, it was the hottest day of the year! And it showed.
We left really early, and I was perfectly fine in shorts, a tank and a very thin cardigan.
And it only got hotter.
When we first arrived, we were warned that it was going to be very busy because of the weather, but we'd driven the whole way there so it would have been a waste. We also had a two for one ticket, which made it a bit cheaper, but it also cost £6 for parking.

The first ride we went on was Colossus. And boy was I scared. I am one of those people who is petrified when I first get on a roller-coaster, and then once I get off I wanna go on again.
Colossus was pretty fast, it had a loop and a barrel roll at the end. It was definitely a loopy ride, but it wasn't very fast... well it was, but it seemed to take a while to get round. It's hard to explain.

Then we queued up for nemesis Inferno. Only I ended up getting heatstroke and had to leave the queue. I told my boyfriend to carry on waiting, as we'd waited for ages and I didn't want him to miss out. I went and sat in the shade and had some water and all was fine.

After we'd eaten, the queues had gotten HUGE. I'm talking an hour's wait time or more. And barely any queue had shade, which might have resulted in another heatstroke incident. We ended up going on the Rapids as they had a pretty short wait time, considering that there was lots of rings and you could fit in 8 people at a time.



Then we decided that it was getting pretty ridiculous, so we bought a fast track ticket for £6 each to go on Nemesis Inferno, as I was gutted I'd missed out.

Nemesis is a very cool ride. The track is on the outside of the car, so you're kinda hanging off in the seat? Very bad, and somewhat terrifying explanation, I know. But it means you don't really feel any of the drops or twists or turns, I didn't even scream once. If you've been to Alton Towers, I'd describe it as similar to Air.


Then we decided to check out Saw as Matt wanted to go on it (not for me). But the wait time was probably the longest, which was a huuuuge queue. So after that, we decided to leave and go to the hotel.

We stayed at a Premier Inn just 20 minutes from the park. We were so tired, we ended up napping for two hours as it had been a long day.




It was a very nice hotel, and they also cooked me vegetarian sausages in the morning which was super cool! 

Overall, I enjoyed Thorpe Park, the few rides we managed to get on. If we go again, we'll probably go on a drizzly day in term time so we don't end up getting caught up in a load of kids!

Thanks for reading!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments