Latest Posts

L'Oreal First Impressions

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello!

The other day I was in my local Superdrug, and I saw that they had a 3 for 2 on L'Oreal. Originally I was going to get my foundation because I am running out, only they didn't have it! So instead I picked up a mascara, which I also needed, and I decided to test out a couple of other things that I've been eyeing up. I got the Miss Hippie Mascara, the Brow Artist Maker and the Infallible Matte Max Lipstick.



First is the Miss Hippie mascara. My mascara has hit it's sell by date, and I needed a new one. I was using the Kiko Milano Star Sculpt mascara, but I think it was an exclusive at Christmas as I can't find it anywhere. I've wanted to try this for a while as i love voluminous lashes especially for when I don't want to wear false lashes.
I always get scared when trying a new mascara as I once had a bad reaction to a Rimmel London Kate Moss one (I can't find it on the website, maybe they discontinued it?) But yes, my eyes stung and watered and I couldn't see and it was awful.
Luckily, I haven't had a reaction to this which is great because I LOVE it!
Big brushes on mascaras are my fave as I find they give me the exact look that I am going for.



Next is the Brow Artist Maker.


I have never been so disappointed by a product, which is a shame because I have really wanted to try this out for a while.
I usually use a powder on my eyebrows, but recently I have been looking at other things to try.
This is a double ended product, with a crayon on the one end and a mini kabuki brush on the other.



Now, when I swatched this, it came out brown, which I would expect as I picked up the shade 02 Light Brunette.

Just the crayon

Blended out with the brush

But when I used it on my brows, I was utterly horrified as it came out black!!

Just the crayon

Blended out with the brush
I was so unimpressed with this that I took it straight off and used my normal brow product. The colour was just far too dark for me, and looked utterly ridiculous with my red hair.
While the brush on this is great, I wouldn't buy this just for the brush as that's a bit of a waste.


Finally I picked up the Infallible Matte Max Lipstick in the shade 001 Silencio.


I wanted to try this because I don't think I've seen anything like this before. 
There's a little sponge applicator, and the actual product is in the lid of the lipstick.



I also love the colour, as I don't have anything quite like this, and I can't justify buying another completely nude shade!


I feel that the colour compliments my hair, which makes a change because I have to be careful with lipsticks, for instance, red red's look fine, but more orange tone reds don't suit me as well.


The colour is quite sheer, although I may just think this because I am a liquid lipstick junkie and I am used to a full coverage. The only issue I had with this was that it was quite drying, but I reckon that it was because I hadn't used a lip balm beforehand, so I will have to try that next time!
There are quite a few shades in this range, but I'm not sure if I will pick up anymore as this one was by far the one that stood out the most to me.

I hope this post has given you a few ideas about some L'Oreal products, and whether you want to try them out or not.

Thanks for reading!
Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments