Latest Posts

Makeup Essentials

By 11:00 , , , , , , , ,

Hello!

Today I am going to share with you my makeup essentials, and all the things I personally think everyone should have/try. Obviously, this is my own opinion, so if you don't agree, then fair enough! Everyone is different.
But that aside, if you would like to read my makeup essentials, keep on reading!

Real Techniques Brushes



First off, is Real Techniques brushes. I just picked a couple of my faves here, which are the contour brush, which I actually use to highlight, and the buffing brush, which is great for blending and brushing away any excess powder.

Sleek Brow Perfecter



Next is the Sleek Brow Perfecter in Clear. I have been using this forever now, and I think it's great to keep any stray eyebrow hairs in place. I too chicken to use a coloured one, so I just pop this on once I've done my usual brow routine.

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Foundation


My essential foundation has to be this L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt one. I am the shade Light/Medium, although I think they should extend the shade range as it is just pure luck that this shade happens to suit me. But this makes any cream product I put on top so easy to blend, it's unreal.

Sleek Highlight Palette in Solstice



My favourite highlight has got to be this quad from Sleek. I think this is great for travelling as you have four different options, including a cream highlight, rather than packing four individual highlighter.

Urban Decay Naked Palette




A cult fave, the Naked palette is seriously a must have. I love this palette, as I love warm nude looks. My fave combo is Sin and Sidecar, I think they are just such beautiful colours. Half Baked is just the perfect gold shade too. While this is on the pricier side, there's no denying that the quality is worth it.

Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Sugar and Spice




Another great palette for travelling is the Makeup Revolution Blush palette in Sugar and Spice. The orange toned shade in this is my fave, but I have also used the pink shades as eyeshadow, it's very versatile.

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Kit



Along with the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt foundation, I love the contour kit too, as you can see by the usage. This is such an amazing cream contour, and I have tried a few! But this is by far my favourite. It blends out so well and the highlight shade is perfect for defining the sculpt.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette



If you don't want to splurge on the Naked palette, then the Naked Basics is just as perfect. Smaller and cheaper, this palette has 6 basic shades that everyone needs. As you can see, my palette is well loved! If I'm going for a simple look, I like to take Naked 2 and Faint just in my crease and then I add mascara and go. Faint is also a great brow shade, proving the versatility of this palette.

Zoeva Cocoa Blends Palette




If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know I am OBSESSED with this Zoeva Cocoa Blends palette. It literally has the capability of creating the perfect warm, smoky eye. I love using Substitute For Love as my transition shade, it's a bit worrying how much I love it, but I know that when I hit pan on this palette, I will be repurchasing.

Posh Spice by Jeffree Star Cosmetics


Nude lips are everything these days, but I couldn't find one that worked on my pale skin. Until I found Posh Spice by Jeffree Star. This liquid lipstick literally gives me life, and I would recommend it to anyone, as I think it is the perfect nude shade. Just don't get ripped off by sellers on eBay and Depop and such, they're £14 on Cocktail Cosmetics, rather than the £25+ people are selling them for elsewhere.

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub



Of course something Lush would be on this list! Before I add any lipstick, I like to scrub my lips with Mint Julips Lip Scrub from Lush. I have very dry lips, and I don't know where I'd be without thus as it gets rid of all the dry bits from my lips. And it's edible and it tastes like mint chocolate chip. What more could you ask for?

MUA Hide and Conceal Concealer


This Hide and Conceal concealer from MUA is amazing. Like seriously. I've been using this since I was about 16 and I first discovered MUA. This concealer is £1. Yes £1. It's such great coverage and brightens so well, which you wouldn't expect for something so cheap. I can't even tell you how many times I've repurchased this in the past four years, and my makeup collection just isn't really right without it.

L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist


L'Oreal is seriously one of my favourite brands, especially now they've changed their animal testing policies! I bought this Infallible Fixing Mist as I didn't want to splurge on the Urban Decay setting spray, but this seriously does the job! I work in a pub, and it keeps my makeup on all night.

Benefit Lemonaid


Finally, something I haven't been able to live without since I bought it, Lemonaid by Benefit. This covers my dark circles perfectly. I use it before I put my foundation on, and also to prime my eyes ready for shadow. The colour is just perfect for my skin tone, and I reckon if I tried hard enough, I could get away with just wearing this. Maybe.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and maybe got some ideas for yourself, or maybe something on this list is one of your essentials!
I highly recommend everything on here 100%, they are the core to my makeup.
Thanks for reading,

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments