Latest Posts

Makeup Revolution Lip Kits

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hello!
Today I have a very exciting post about these Makeup Revolution Matte Lip Kits!
I saw that Sophdoesnails did a video on these and in my head I was like "!!!". Obviously, these are a dupe for Kylie Jenner's lip kits, and obviously I don't have the money for such things... So I can't actually compare these to the Kylie ones, but I thought I would give my opinions on them.
I picked up 3 shades, 2 nudes and a dark green. There are other colours, but these are the ones that appealed to me the most. The packaging is also really cute, the boxes are black and gold, and the lids on the lipsticks are also gold. They retail for £6 each, which is MUCH cheaper than the Kylie ones and they come with both a lip liner and liquid lipstick.



 You can get them from TAM Beauty. In the video I saw, Sophie also swatched a metallic one, so I'm looking forward to those being released and possibly write a post on them too.




The first shade I have is Echelon.
This is a really nice nude shade, I've seen a few people say that it is a brown-nude, but to me it seems more pink?




I have swatched just the liner, then the lipstick and then just an all over shot, so you can see how well they match/what they look like with a face of makeup.

This shade reminds me somewhat of Birthday Suit by Sleek, I personally don't think it is anything "special" in terms of colour. The lip liner is very creamy, and applies so well. As for the liquid lipstick, it is just a standard in my opinion, it's not patchy and applied well/pigmented.




Next up is Noble. I wasn't sure on this when I ordered it, but I LOVE it! To me this is almost a terracotta? I ended up keeping this on all day after the swatches because it is just such a lovely colour, I feel it suited me well and it's different to anything else I own.




Again, the liner was suuuper creamy, and the lipstick applied really well too. It matches my lower lash line colour! (Realgar from the ABH Modern Renaissance palette).




Finally, we have Magnificent. This was the one I was most excited for, but most disappointed by. But maybe that was because I was so excited for it?
It's a really dark green shade, which I don't own, and I LOVE dark lip colours.




I think the usual dark colour thing happened with this, where it has just come out patchy. I think it could be buildable, but it's usually a losing battle with dark colours. I saw a video where someone swatched the colour Royal in this range, and it was even patchier than this!


And as I went to do my hand swatches, the lip pencil snapped! I'm hoping you can sharpen them because there is no winder at the bottom.


But yes, the hand swatches. L-R Noble, Echelon, Magnificent.
Noble is definitely the closest match of lipstick and liner, I found especially on my lips. Echelon is definitely different on the hand, but I didn't notice much of a difference on the lips. Magnificent, well. I tried to build up the lipstick for the swatch, and it just caked. The liner is only one layer, like the other two, and as you can see, the pigmentation isn't that great.

Overall, from my experience with these and videos I have seen, the more nude shades are amazing, but the darker shades might be a pass. I think that the value for money is great, especially compared to Kylie's Lip Kits, which retail for $29 each, and then you have to factor in shipping and customs. If you can get your hands on these, definitely give Noble a try, it's one of my new faves!

Thanks for reading!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments