Latest Posts

Why It Is Important To Not Wear Makeup All The Time

By 11:00 , , , , ,



Believe it or not, I don't always wear makeup. In fact, since the new year began, I think I have worn makeup a maximum of 5/6 times. Why? Because I don't need to.
Growing up, I thought I always needed to wear makeup. Even though I had flawless skin (I was somehow fortunate to skip excessively bad spots) and under my eyes weren't purple at all, I still thought I needed to cake my face, because that it what everyone else did.
But now I am starting to realise that I should learn to accept how I look, dark circles and all.
Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE doing my makeup, and I love an excuse to experiment with new looks and try new products. (I wouldn't have spent the last year + blogging about it otherwise). I just don't think it is necessary every day.

I began to not wear makeup when I was 17 going on 18, so about 3 years ago. It was mainly because I valued sleep before college instead of putting my face on. During the summer, I wore makeup pretty much every time I went out, because I actually had the time to do it. Then when I started college again for the next two year, I stopped wearing it all the time. If there is one thing I value over makeup, it's sleep.

Now that I'm in uni, I really don't care. I have literally worn my pyjama bottoms to class, but that's another story.
There are far more important things than worrying how you look. It is nice to do my makeup, and have an excuse to go all out and do a full face. But it is equally as nice to not have to worry about making time to do my makeup, and being able to rub my eyes, and not be careful that my makeup is going to come off or wipe onto my phone.
And I can live with my eyebrows without makeup on because what can I do? When I fill them in, it just looks like I deliberately made them look bad hahaha.

And there is also all of the skin benefits of not wearing makeup. You don't clog your pores up, and therefore don't get spots. You're not tugging at your skin if you decide to use a makeup wipe. Personally, my skin doesn't dry out so much from all the foundation, concealer and powder.

I'm not saying that everyone should revolutionise and stop wearing makeup. But I am saying give it a go, even if it's just for a few days and see how it feels, and see how your skin thanks you.

Layla x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nice blog.Very much useful blog on beauty and tips to maintain our beauty..Keep update and share your ideas..
    makeup services in vijayawada
    makeup services in Rajahmundry

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I visited this blog. Really this is awesome blog. It is very pleasure to get it as I got huge helps right here. I do like your hard workings and appreciate your concept. Thanks a lot..
    makeup services in kakinada
    makeup services in warangal

    ReplyDelete