Latest Posts

Blogmas Day Five: Christmas Fireside Makeup

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,




Hello and welcome to my first Christmas makeup tutorial! Today I have an eye loo kthat is inspired by a Christmas fireside, and it uses the reds and golds that are easily associated with the colours of a winter fire! I really love this look, and I also show 2 lip options to go with it too!
So let's get into it!


After priming, I used Naked 2 from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette all along my crease and just up a bit. I thought that a nice light brown/taupe would be a great transition to balance out the reds and oranges.


Then I took Substitute For Love and a tiny bit of Freshly Toasted from the Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette and put these in my crease and slightly down onto my lid.


To fire this look up a bit, I used Burnt from Makeup Obsession (Check out my post on the palette here). I used a pencil brush from Spectrum to blend this through just my crease, and then took a fluffy brush to blend it out a bit more onto my lid.


I then took Pure Ganache From the Zoeva palette and put it all over lid and blended it into the red shade.


I then decided that this wasn't gold enough, so I took Half Baked from the Urban Decay Naked palette and popped this ontop. Although you can't really tell in this photo, it definitely looked better in real life!


I then took some of  Beans Are White from the Zoeva palette and lightly smudged this into my outer corner...


... and also the outer corner of my lower lash line.


After I added mascara, I put Vice from the Makeup Revolution Chocolate Vice palette on my brow bone and in my inner corners,




The first lip colour I used was Kitten Heels by Nyx.



(This is why I never smile on photos haha)








And the second colour was Charmed by Nyx. I actually ended up wearing this one all day because I felt this had more deep, berry tones than Kitten Heels, and I was in the mood for that haha.


I hope you enjoyed this Christmas look! I'm so excited to share some other ideas I have for makeup looks to do with Christmas!
I hope to see you in tomorrows post,

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments