Latest Posts

Blogmas Day One: Nyx Haul

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hello!

I did a bit of a Nyx order the other day and I thought I would share with you the things that I bought. I love Nyx so so much, and if you haven't tried them already, then you definitely should because the are amazing and cruelty free!! You can check them out of the Boots website or instore at Boots.


First of all I have the Nyx Wonder Stick. This is replacing the L'Oreal Sculpt contour kit I had because they test on animals, and I have now gone completely cruelty free! (I will be posting about this soon).


I bought the shade Light/medium because I am very pale.


In the box, the stick came wrapped in a foam type material, which I thought was nice because it keeps it a bit more protected if you drop the box or something.


One side of the Wonder Stick is the highlight shade and one side is the contour.




I'm really pleased with the shades of this because I always worry that the contour shade will be too dark, but I think this one is gonna be just right!


Next I have a Primal Colours Eyeshadow in the shade Hot Red. I don't have a decent red shade, so I thought I would try this out as I have some ideas for it!




This is just after one swipe. It's not as pigmented as I hoped it would be, but it's definitely buildable, as you can see in the next image.



It also stained my finger! I came off with a wipe, but didn't just rub off like most shadows do after swatching.


Next I have a Lid Lingerie eye tint in Evening Spell. I fell in love with this colour as soon as I saw it, and I like the Lip Lingerie so I thought I would try the eye ones.



The applicator is just like a doe foot one that you would find in a liquid lipstick.


The colour of this is just stunning, and I think it will make a great all over lid shade, it's just beautiful.


I decided to branch out from my favourite Liquid Suede lipsticks from Nyx and try a Velvet Matte Lipstick.


It's just a regular matte tube lipstick. The packaging is so smooth and velvet-y feeling which adds to the effect of the name.


I got the shade Charmed, because I thought it looked like a very 90s shade, and I wasn't disappointed!


I can't wait to use this in some grunge looks, I've been after a lipstick like this for soooo long I'm really happy to have finally found one!


Last but not least, I bought some GLITTERS. I love glitter. So much. And now it's Christmas I wanted to do some makeup looks with glitter!



I got the shades Rose and Ice. I want the Ice shade for some Christmas looks I am planning, and I got the Rose shade because I am weak and fell for it's stunning colour.


The glitters have a little filter on the top so that when you open them they don't go everywhere when you open them, what a disaster that would be haha.

Thank you for reading my day one of Blogmas! I have many ideas and I am going to try so so hard to post every day until Christmas, and bring you not only makeup ideas, but also gift ideas as well as some other posts thrown in there too.
I hope to see you tomorrow!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments