Latest Posts

Blogmas Day Twelve: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , ,



Okay.
Everyone calm down!!
It's back!!!!!!
I am so super excited to bring you this post on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette!!!

Okay so, I wanted this in the summer when it first came out, and I faffed about and ended up missing out and I was so gutted. But while I was scrolling through Facebook the other day, I saw a post from Beauty Bay that it was back and I was like !!!! I didn't even think about it, it was just straight in my basket haha.
Now, I know Beauty Bay is a bit controversial right now. I have been buying off Beauty Bay for about a year now, and I've never had an issue. Until now. I was supposed to have next day delivery, but it didn't come next day, it came the day after. I couldn't load an tracking info and when it came, there was a crack in the first shade, and powder all over the palette. When reading through Twitter, I saw some people have waited over 2 weeks for orders, are receiving the wrong orders or broken items, which is a shame because Beauty Bay have always seemed so good until now. Their customer service isn't great, my tweets were replied to with the same answer to DM them, but when I did, they didn't reply, and my email also went without a reply too. I really want to order some more Jeffree Star Lipsticks, but I don't know if I want to risk it now! I will have to see haha.

But for now, lets get into looking at this beautiful palette!


To start, the packaging of this is just beautiful. The palette is a really soft feeling pink, much like the feel of the Naked palette. However, because it is so light, I think it might just get a bit dirty!


Inside, there is a cover over the mirror, and a plastic cover on the shadows. It also has a double ended brush.




(this is the broken shade boo)


The brush is really small, and I used it just to test, and it's not that great, it just smushes the eyeshadow into powder...


Just look at the colours!!
This palette is legit just made for me, I LOVE these shades and I think I melted a bit when I swatched them. I have swatched each row and then I swatched both of them together, just so you can get an idea of the whole palette together!
The shadows are so pigmented and so soft and buttery, I just love them! And you get 14 of them which is just amazing.


Top Row
Left to Right:

Tempera
Golden Ochre
Vermeer
Buon Fresco
Antique Bronze
Love Letter
Cyprus Umber

Firstly: look at the pigment! It's so good it covers my tattoo, what is this?? I'm super excited to try out Vermeer and Love Letter, I'm just dying over these. I also think Buon Fresco is gonna be a great transition shade, along with Golden Ochre too.


Bottom Row
Left to Right:

Raw Sienna
Burnt Orange
Primavera
Red Ochre
Venetian Red
Warm Taupe
Realgar

You all know I love orange shades, I'm in LOVE with Burnt Orange and Realgar, I just can't wait to play with this palette! I also love Primavera, just look at it!!! Venetian Red actually surprised me, I thought it was a lot like Love Letter, but Love Letter is matte, whereas Venetian Red is a slight shimmer!


So here is the whole palette swatched together, and you know that there's gonna be some looks going up on here using this palette! I'm so excited to try it out, I seriously don't know where to start haha.

I think Beauty Bay are going to get this back in again soon, but it is totally up to you if you want to order from them with the problems they're having!
Keep an eye out for some posts using this palette, I'm sure there will be more than one!

Thanks for reading

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments