Latest Posts

Blogmas Day Three: Spectrum Collection Brushes

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,




Hello!

Today I am bringing you a post about these brushes from Spectrum. If you're a makeup lover like myself, then you will have definitely heard of these brushes! They are amazing. I've had these for a while, but I have wanted to try them out before I did a post so I can give my full opinion.





First of all is the C03 brush, which I use for setting my face powder. It is a tulip shaped brush, and picks up a lot of product to put on your face. It also sweeps off powder that I've been baking with really easily as well, and is incredibly soft on the face. Sometimes with powder brushes, I find that they are so harsh they just wipe my foundation off, but this one doesn't and gently sweeps the poder on top.





Next is the A05 Blush brush. I desperately needed a new blush brush when I bought this as the one I was using I had had for 6 years!!! I love the angled shape of this as it fits to the shape of my cheeks perfectly, and it is really easy to build up blush, rather than it picking up a load of colour and making me look like a clown.


I bought the 8 Piece Eye Blending Set as I really needed some good quality eye makeup brushes.




First is the A08. This is a medium fluffy shader, and I like using this to blend out an overall eye look, if I feel like the lines are too harsh.




Second is the A13, which is a Short Smudge brush. I like using this on matte shades all over my lid, and also running shadows under my lower lash line and blending them out.




Third I have the A07 which is the Stubby Shader. I like using this one to also put shadows on my lid, and also blending them into the crease, because the flat edge allows me to blend easier into those other shadows.




Fourth is the B04 which is the Small Angled Shader. I find this one really hard to use, just because I don't know what to use it for! I tend to just blend out my crease shades if I think they're looking too harsh because it's such a soft brush, but besides that, I don't really know how to use it.




Fifth is the A16 Precision Crease. However, I don't use this in my crease haha. I actually like using this for packing on shimmer shades on my lid, and in my inner corner, because the smallness of the brush allows me to build up the shimmer.




Sixth is the B06 Tall Tapered Blender. I LOVE using this to blend out my crease shades as it just seamlessly blends them all together, and it's so soft it doesn't just pick up and remove the colour when I'm blending it out further.




Seventh is C06 Tulip Eye Contour. This is one that I like to try and use in my crease but it's just too thick! So I tend to use it to blend out colours that are in my outer corner instead.




Last but not least is the A12 Fluffy Pencil. I adore using this to define and deepen my crease, especially in the outer corner with dark shades, it just gives such a lovely smokey effect, and is small enough to fit in my crease.

If you would like to check out the Spectrum brushes then you can here. They are cruelty free and vegan and just all round stunning brushes! If you're struggling for Christmas present ideas then these are perfect for a makeup lover!

Thanks for reading!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

0 comments