Latest Posts

Blogmas Day Two: Top 5 Christmas Yankee Candles

By 11:00 , , , , , , , , , , ,



Hey there and welcome to the second day of my Blogmas!
Now it is officially December and officially Christmas month, I thought I would put a post together about my top five favourite Christmas candles from Yankee Candle!
Anyone who knows me will know I adore candles, I literally have a shelf full it's a bit silly really haha, but I just can't help myself!
So without further ado, let's get into it!

5

At number 5, we have Christmas Eve. This is a very citrusy-berry smell, and reminds me of that "Christmas shop smell". Has anyone ever been to a Christmas shop? There is one in Stratford-Upon-Avon, and this candle reminds me of that shop, that particular smell of Christmas.

According to the Yankee Candle Website, the scent notes are:

Top: Orange, Almond, Lime, Lemon
Mid: Red Berry, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
Base: Violet, Amber, Creamy Praline, Vanilla

4


At number 4, I have chosen Frankincense. This is quite a nutty, softly spiced smell to me. I only bought this this year, and I'm impressed! I really like the smell of this, and I think this is the kind of candle that I would light on a cold night to give a warming smell to the room, like if I had come in from the snow!

The notes of this on the website are:

Top: Aromatic, Herbaceous, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Oud
Mid: Gingerroot With Orange Flower, Lavender Flowers, Orchid
Base: Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Oud Wood, Musk, Incense

3

At  number 3 is Snowflake Cookie. If you're like me, and you enjoy the super sweet smells that most find sickly, then you will adore this! It's very vanilla-ry almost marshmallow and reminds me of the overall smell of a candle shop. If you nhave a sweet tooth like myself, you might just be tempted to eat this because it smells so gorgeous, but if you prefer more earthy or citrus smells, then I wouldn't recommend this one to you.

The website says the notes are:

Top: Fluffy Marshmallow, Whipped Vanilla Icing
Mid: Warm Cinnamon, Nutmeg
Base: Sweet Buttercream, Sugar Cookie

2

At number two is Cinnamon Stick. You can probably guess that this smells like cinammon! My best friend (check out her blog here) has bought me quite a few cinnamon candles before because they are one of my top favourites, and I burn them all year round, not just at Christmas!

The notes of this on the website are:

Top: Cinnamon Stick
Mid: Clove, Cardamom
Base: Bay Leaf, Cedarwood

1

At number one, my all time favourite Christmas Yankee Candle is Sparkling Snow. There is nothing else like this scent. It smells so crisp and fresh, and definitely lives up to his name. I get quite a citrusy/minty smell from this, which seems like it could be a disaster but it's not!

The notes of this are:

Top: Sweet Orange, Pine Needles, Crisp Mint
Mid: Evergreens, Blue Spruce, White Pine, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Bay Leaf, Juniper Berry
Base: Frosted White Musk, Fir Balsam, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Patchouli

I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you need some Christmas candles then I definitely recommend these 5, and they also make great gifts! A lot of candles on the website are sold out at the moment, but it's always worth a trip to a Yankee Candle store if you have one local to you because then you get chance to smell them before you buy!

I'll see you tomorrow for day three!

Layla x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Have you smelt Christmas Cookie? That's my favourite Christmas candle of all time, it's amazing.

    Lovely post.

    EL xx
    www.owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was considering getting Frankincense but wasn't sure but after reading this think will have to try it! Have you smelt Candy cane? That was my favourite last year! SO nice!

    Thanks I enjoyed reading this :)

    https://areyoulisteningweb.wordpress.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. snowflake cookies sounds so yummy and right for this holiday season.

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete